Volunteer or Intern with Us
Udayan Care USA offers volunteer/intern opportunities for a diverse group of highly motivated women and men for both short term and longer term positions. If you are inspired to make a difference in the lives of children and women and are looking to gain professional experience while growing spiritually and personally, please contact us at email@example.com.
A commitment of a minimum of three to six months is required to be part of the Udayan Care India based volunteer/intern program. Should you want to volunteer/intern for a shorter time and should there be a match between your skills and available projects, we would consider it. Typically we want people who can dedicate a longer period of time as it is best for the volunteer/intern and the children they work with to build stability.
Although volunteer/intern opportunities can vary throughout the year, they tend to follow two general paths:
Primary responsibilities could include
- Healthcare – providing social, psychological, health, cognitive assistance to support a child’s growth and propose ways to overcome psychological and physical deficiencies.
- Education – providing educational support and enhancing self-confidence by tutoring children in English and other subjects.
- Exposure visits and Sharing – share your life and experiences with the children of the Ghars and the Shalini Fellows. Hold a talk, a workshop and help enhance their world view.
Assisting Udayan Shalini Fellows with career advice and providing general mentorship within the program.
Research and Program Analysis
We aim to have a robust analysis of the programs that we support, involving qualitative and quantitative analysis and metrics development. Based on needs at the time, the specific projects can vary. Research and Program Analysis projects tend to be perfect for college interns.
Non Profit Administration
An efficient back office operation of a nonprofit is equally as important to its success. We often look for individuals with the following professional expertise to assist us. Based on needs at the time, projects could involve
- Web Development
- Communications and Marketing
- Advocacy Initiatives
- HR Management and Training
- IT Development and Management
- Learning and Development
A volunteers/ intern work schedule depends on the project and the type of work in which one is involved but always revolves around a 6-day work week.
Students will be required to contact us at least six months prior to desired arrival at firstname.lastname@example.org
- After acceptance, work with Udayan Care India staff to outline mutual agreed goals and the expected outcomes.
- Prepare and send weekly reports to the contact person on site.
- Prepare a final report and present findings/experience before departure.
- Fill out evaluation form to assist in continuous improvement of our volunteer/intern program.
The volunteer/ intern placement is an unpaid position.
Volunteers/ interns are not required to pay any registration fee but are required to pay all fees necessary for their trip to India (i.e., airfare, insurance, visa costs). If you choose to stay in an Udayan Ghar, Udayan Care can provide a shared room (with vegetarian food included) for a nominal fee of Rs.1000/- per day (approximately $15 per day).
It will be the responsibility of the interns to extend their medical and life insurance to cover the period of their stay in India, as well as to carry proof of such insurance. The cost of medical and life insurance shall be the personal responsibility of the volunteer/ intern or university.
It will be the responsibility of the volunteer/ intern to acquire an appropriate traveler’s Visa and travel arrangements to India. An invitation letter from Udayan Care to the volunteer/ intern will be issued if necessary.